If you are in the market for a new roof, you have a lot of decisions to make. One important factor, other than deciding what type of roof you want, is the color of shingle you want. Many people have a hard time trying to decide on the color of shingle that best suits their home.
One great tool to help you decide is actually online. GAF.com is a great website for you to help envision your new roof on your home. You can visit their Virtual Home Remodeler and upload a picture of your house to see what would look best.
Another website that you could try is atlasroofing.com. Head to their Shingle Visualizer to test out different colors and different styles of shingles.
When you are in the process of picking your shingle color, you need to know a few things beforehand.
- If you have a house that is primarily made of stone or brick, you must decide on the perfect shingle color because the color of your home is most likely not going to change.
- Your roof should not be the first thing that you see when you look at your home. Instead, your roof should blend with your home to match the style of your home.
- Black shingles look great on homes, however there is the issue of temperature. Black attracts heat, and we all know how hot Oklahoma summers get. With proper ventilation, the temperature should not be a problem, but this is still something to keep in mind.
- Monotone shingle colors look best for the roof because it is easiest to blend with your home. Weathered Wood is the most popular shingle color because it is one of the higher quality shingles on the market.
- If you live in a neighborhood that has an HOA, or a Homeowners Association, you may be told what kind of roof to purchase. Some HOA’s may not be as strict as others, so that’s why it is important to do your research about your HOA.
Need help? After you have looked at the websites mentioned above, we can provide you with a sample board of shingles. And if you still need some help making a decision, we can give you a few addresses to see the shingles on similar looking homes.
Ultimately, the shingle color you pick is up to you. It is your home, and we want you to be happy with whatever color you choose. Feel free to schedule an appointment with Land Roofing today. We are here to help!