Does bad weather during roofing hurt your roof?


Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against rain and hail. As long as it remains in good shape, you’ll have no issues with water damage from above. If you’re getting a new roof or roof repair, you may be worried about Mother Nature. Can your roof still protect your home if the weather goes south mid-install? With Land Enterprises Roofing, it certainly will!

We factor the weather into our scheduling

The weather in Oklahoma is often unpredictable. On Monday, it could show a 10% chance of rain for Friday. When Friday comes, that can jump to a 90% chance.

You’ve surely experienced that, no matter how long you’ve lived here. Nevertheless, we do our best to factor the weather into our scheduling. We will try to schedule your roof installation around the storms to safeguard your home.

We work in sections to keep your roof protected

Some roofing companies remove all of the roofing at once, leaving your home vulnerable to storm damage. We use a different approach. Our roofers will only remove what they can re-roof in a day. This ensures that your home is shielded at every step of the installation process. If a sudden burst of storms delays completion, your roof will still be protected. 

We take extra precautions to protect your roof in a storm

After removing the old roofing, we install a water-tight underlayment over the roof decking. This is the ultimate shield against precipitation. The underlayment can get wet without water seeping into the decking. In addition, we’ll put a tarp over potentially susceptible areas to keep them protected during installation.

From start to finish, we’ll do everything we can to defend your home from the storms. 

If you’d like to learn more about our process, feel free to contact us. One of our knowledgeable team members would be happy to answer your questions. You can also schedule a roofing consultation to explore your options.


Leave a Comment

Let's Talk

Get in touch to get started on your roof today. We are happy to answer any of your questions. Feel free to schedule your free roof inspection as well.