When you’re planning on listing your home, there are a few common tips for putting your home in its best light. De-clutter your space, have neutral paint colors, don’t be in the way during the showing—you’ve probably heard many of these tips for selling your home.
Before you even put your home on the market, though, there are several things you can do to increase the structural appeal of your home. Thanks to Michelle Johnson Ventris with Keller Williams Realty, Central Oklahoma, for helping create this checklist for homeowners looking to put their homes on the market!
Garage and driveway
- Remove oil and rust stains
- Clean and organize the garage
- Remove weeds from driveway
- Ensure the garage door functions well
- Clean gutters
- Check for roof damage
- Call a trusted roofer for repairs if needed
- Repair leaky faucets and caulk
- Deep-clean floors: shampoo carpet and scrub tile
- Repair or replace loose knobs on doors or cabinets
- Ensure your HVAC system is clean and in good condition
With so much to take care of before putting a house on the market, it can be tempting to hire technicians and contractors, including roofers, to do repair work based on who gives you the quickest estimated turnaround. If you need roofing repairs on the home you are trying to sell, be careful who you choose.
From our clients, we’ve heard too many stories of roofers not fulfilling promises that they made at the outset—don’t let that add stress to your home selling process! As with anyone you hire to work on your home, choose a roofer you know, like, and trust. Check online reviews or ask trusted friends and family for recommendations.
Choosing the right roofer can save you a lot of time and headaches during what’s already a stressful time.