There are many roofing companies to choose from in Oklahoma. The recent hail storms have caused a lot of damage to homes and with that damage brings out of town roofing companies. The Attorney General of Oklahoma, Drew Edmondson has released this recent list of advice in choosing a roofing company to repair or replace your roof. We believe that the following advice is important to protect your home and finances.
Ask people you trust for referrals.
- Whenever possible, deal with local firms with roots in the community.
- Check out the repairman with the attorney general’s Consumer Protection Unit and the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask for customer references.
- Get written estimates from several firms.
- Don’t do business without a written contract.
- Get all guarantees, warranties and promises in writing.
- Agree on start and completion dates and have them written into the contract.
The attorney general cautioned people to be wary of repairmen and contractors who:
- Solicit door-to-door.
- Offer discounts for finding other customers.
- “Just happen to have” materials left over from a previous job.
- Pressure you for an immediate decision.
- Ask you to pay for the entire job up-front.
Anyone with information regarding suspected fraud or scams can contact the attorney general’s consumer protection hot line at 521-2029.