Celebrating 30 years of Land Enterprises Roofing
by: Kirsten Land on October 18th, 2016 about General
Did you know that Land Enterprises Roofing is 30 years old this year? In honor of those 30 years, here are 30 things you may not know about our team!
You may have met us in person, but do you know why we’re proud to work at Land Roofing? Or what we do with our free time? Or what advice we have to offer?
Get to know us here!
Todd Davis – Project Manager
1. I’ll go the extra mile to make to make a customer for life. I appreciate working at an honest company with loyal employees and subcontractors!
2. I have one grandson who plays all sports. I enjoy going to all his games and spending time with him at the lake.
3. I have a cabin at the lake, and I love to spend a lot of time there with family and friends.
4. I enjoy hunting and fishing with my dad and grandson.
5. I like going to the dirt sprint car races.
6. I was a volunteer firefighter for 21 years in my community.
1. I started with Land Enterprises in May 2016. I came to work here because of the high level of integrity, sound and consistent business practices, and their heart for taking care of customers regardless of cost.
2. My wife, Jennifer, and I have a son named Tyler.
3. My family is passionate about foster care. We have been foster parents for 5 children, and look forward to the blessing of taking on others when the time comes.
4. I am a cancer survivor. I beat stage 2A Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2001-2002.
5. I like to play golf, but am nowhere close to good at it!
6. When dealing with roof issues or questions, it is always best to contact a trusted resource. I’m proud that Land Enterprises is a trusted resource for many customers, realtors and insurance professionals in the greater Oklahoma City Metro area.
Paula Buford – Office Manager
1. I’ve been with Land Enterprises for 4 years and it has been the best experience. I love to help our customers and work on a team that cares about the customer.
2. I am a grandmother of 5 grandbabies ( 3 girls and 2 boys).
3. I play the drums at church.
4. I love to read and sit by a body of water.
5. I love to volunteer to help others.
6. If you are frustrated with dealing with insurance companies or mortgage companies when it comes to your claim, let me help. I can take the pressure off and deal with them for you.
Kirsten Land – Vice President
1. I’ve been married to Brian for 18 years. We met at the Subway restaurant on campus corner in Stillwater. My job was to train him as a subway sandwich artist. I like to tease him by telling people that I am still training him!
2. I was a special education teacher for 12 years. My last position was with Edmond North High School working with freshman. I loved my job but left to raise our kids and help Brian with Land Enterprises.
3. I was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and moved to Stillwater, Oklahoma when I was a sophomore in high school.
4. My dad worked for NASA in the astronaut office and has written over 40 children’s books about science.
5. I part-time homeschool our boys, who are 8 and 9 years old. They attend school two days a week and are home with me for three days, where I follow their teacher’s weekly lesson plan.
6. My advice to homeowners is to make sure your house has enough roof ventilation. Without proper ventilation your home can’t breathe and it could lead to a host of problems including mold, rotting soffits, thermal cracking, and gradual loss of shingles.
Brian Land – Owner & President
1. I was born in Oklahoma City and moved to Edmond when I was 8 years old.
2. I love to play basketball and play at a local gym 3 times a week.
3. I am huge fan of Oklahoma State University sports.
4. I am the third base coach for my son’s baseball team. No matter how busy I am with work I always make time to be at every game!
5. My favorite animals are dogs. When I started my company I had a Labrador Retriever named Boo. He went to work with me everyday!
6. Have a roofer you know, like, trust and value inspect your roof before you file a claim.
I knew #’s 2 and 3 about Brian. Lol. Boomer! 😜
Did not know about the Subway encounter. Ha. Very cool. How’s that training going, Kirsten?! 😄
Congrats on 30 years. Many more.
- Wes Briscoe, October 18, 2016 @ 5:32 pm