There are many roofing companies to choose from in Oklahoma. The recent hail storms have caused a lot of damage to homes and with that damage brings out of town roofing companies. The Attorney General of Oklahoma, Drew Edmondson has released this recent list of advice in choosing a roofing company to repair or replace your roof. We believe that the following advice is important to protect your home and finances.
Ask people you trust for referrals.
- Whenever possible, deal with local firms with roots in the community.
- Check out the repairman with the attorney general's Consumer Protection Unit and the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask for customer references.
- Get written estimates from several firms.
- Don't do business without a written contract.
- Get all guarantees, warranties and promises in writing.
- Agree on start and completion dates and have them written into the contract.
The attorney general cautioned people to be wary of repairmen and contractors who:
- Solicit door-to-door.
- Offer discounts for finding other customers.
- “Just happen to have" materials left over from a previous job.
- Pressure you for an immediate decision.
- Ask you to pay for the entire job up-front.
Anyone with information regarding suspected fraud or scams can contact the attorney general's consumer protection hot line at 521-2029.
by: Kirsten Land on May 8th, 2010 about Land Enterprises Roofing
We took a giant leap of faith and decided to redesign our look. With the help of the award winning design firm, Ghost, they designed our new colors and logo. The "Land" in the logo represents roof tops and chimneys. We chose orange because it is a strong color associated with the outdoors. We are pleased and excited with our new and updated look and we hope you like it too!
A couple of weeks ago we were pleasantly surprised to learn that we won The Edmond Sun Sunshine readers choice award for "Best Roofing Company" in Edmond. We didn't know that we were even nominated! We feel very blessed and honored to receive this award.
Our entire team attended the breakfast award ceremony held at the beautiful First Christian Church. Edmond's Mayor, Patrice Douglas, was the Hostess. Before the awards were presented, we were treated to a delicious breakfast by Super Suppers which is owned by our friend, Millie Shores. Numerous awards were given to area businesses including our friend, Greg Tate, of Kwik Car. We had a wonderful time and hope to return next year!
Thank you Edmond Sun readers!
A recent customer had their roof totaled during one or more of the hail storms in 2009. They didn't file a claim before changing their insurance carrier and were denied because they were not a customer when the damage occurred. This sounds like a serious problem, actually, it was not. They simply filed the claim with their previous insurance carrier and the claim was honored. Consequently, they were able to replace their roof at little to no out of pocket expense.
If you need assistance working with your insurance provider, please call our office. We are always happy to help.